Get personalized advice about tax, asset protection, offshore banking, residency, and citizenships:
You can visit our websites for more information about us: &
Today I’m going to talk about a subject that interests many people – the most attractive and fast EU residency within the Schengen zone.
Which country is it? Malta!
Malta offers a residency program, which is sometimes referred to as an infinite residency program by investment. But Malta is not the only EU country that offers residency by investment, what is so special about this one?
First of all, this is a permanent residency. In many cases you’d need to renew your residency yearly (or every three years) for some time until you’re able to qualify for the permanent one. Here you get it immediately.
The second big advantage is that Malta is in the Schengen zone, meaning this residency gives you the opportunity to live in any of 26 member states, not just Malta.
The third is that your entire family gets the residency with you. You can bring your spouse and your kids to Europe. This is not the case in Bulgaria, where your family needs to go through the visa process on their own, even though you applied for residency by investment.
Another huge advantage of this residency is that it’s unconditional, meaning you can keep it even if you don’t spend any time in the country! You don’t have to be physically present in Malta at all, and you will still keep your EU residency.
These are the key requirements:
1. In order to apply you need to have a minimum of 100 000 Euros per year as income OR you have to have at least 500 000 Euros in assets. It’s required to prove your income or the value of your assets.
2. You need to pay a government fee of 30 000 Euros.
3. You need to invest in 250 000 Euro bond (you will get the money back at the end of the period)
4. Either buy a property worth 270 000 Euro or more OR lease property for 5 years for at least 10 000 Euro per year.
5. Legal fees of setting up this residency are around 25 000 Euros
Who are we and what do we do?
We are Offshore Citizen team. We help people become global: get a second passport, set up a second residency, pay less taxes, do banking abroad, etc.
We have lots of interesting articles on different topics, we have relevant information up to date.
Author: Michael Rosmer
Feel free to join our community!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel